About Me

My photo
Nancy Simpson's LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE, New and Selected Poems was published by Carolina Wren Press (N.C. Laureate Series, 2010.) She is the author of ACROSS WATER and NIGHT STUDENT, State Street Press, still available on WWW at Alibris and Books Again. Her poems have been published in Southern Poetry Review, Prairie Schooner, The Georgia Review and other literary magazines. "Carolina Bluebirds" was published in THE POETS GUIDE TO THE BIRDS, Anhinga Press). "Grass" was reprinted in the 50th Anniversary Issue of Southern Poetry Review: DON'T LEAVE HUNGRY ( U.of Arkansas Press.) Seven poems were reprinted in the textbook, SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN POETRY,(McFarland.) Two poems were published in SOLO CAFE, Two more poems were published in SOLO NOVO."In the Nantahala Gorge" was published in Pisgah Review. "Studying Winter" was reprinted in Pirene's Fountain Anthology and "The Collection" in Collecting Life Anthology. Most recently, Southern Poetry Review Edited by James Smith, published "Our Great Depression," and The Southern Poetry Anthology Vol. VII: NORTH CAROLINA,Edited by William Wright, reprinted "Leaving in the Dead of Winter."

Saturday, May 6, 2017

HELLO AGAIN to all of my friends and family members

What has become of Nancy Simpson? Long Time No See. What happened to her?    Answer: I am still here on Cherry Mountain. I was side-tracked for a while, but  I am newly motivated to return to life and my blog "LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE."  I am  dedicted once again to the practice of poetry and to specific writing projects.

I woke up this morning singing the old song, "It's Satuday Morning. I'm going away with my friends...." with a brush-back of tears from my eyes because... no, I am not going away with my friends today.They are mostly all off to the NCWN West  Writing Conference being held today in Sylva, NC. I cannot attend. It is the first NCWN West all day event I have ever missed.  My good news is: there are still some things I can do, therefore I am returning to my writing and to your writing, with a stored up passion for the practice of Poetry again. 

You will find new posts on  LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE
each week and there will be regular up dates of writing events and suggestions on where to submit your poems for publication. The more comments I receive from you, My Fellow Poets, and the more requests and questions, the more often I will post with the info you request.

Meanwhile, the best of all to you. Let me know how you are advancing your own writing projects.



7 comments:

Glenda Beall said...

Nancy, it is wonderful to see you back on your blog. You have been a wonderful friend of poetry and poets, especially poets in NCWN West. I think you still are and with the blog you can help get more poems out there for the world to read.
I hope Joan Howard will send you some from her new book. It is beautiful.

Welcome back!

Karen Paul Holmes said...

Yay! I'm happy to hear it, Nancy. Have fun with your fabulous blog.

Glenda Barrett said...

I'm so glad to see you have your post up and running again. No one is better than you to photograph your lovely plants. Not only can I enjoy good poetry but I can also enjoy beautiful flowers. Welcome back Survivor!!!!!Glenda Barrett

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Nancy, it's great to have you blogging again. I sure missed you. I will visit your site often.

Glenda Beall said...

Nancy, I am very happy to see your blog post and see that you are back online again. We have missed you. I hope you will be posting some of your poems as well as poems by other poets.
It might take some time for folks to know you are back on the blog, so send out some emails to alert them.

We missed you at a Day for Writers, but we talked about you. Thanks to you we have a NCWN West and have been running now for twenty plus years.

Nancy Simpson said...

Glenda, Thanks for thinking of me. I am going to be blogging again weekly and I plan tp focus more and more often on poetry. I'll post some places to submit your poems.

Nancy Simpson said...

It is good to be back. Big Smile.