- Nancy Simpson
- Nancy Simpson's LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE, New and Selected Poems was published by Carolina Wren Press (N.C. Laureate Series, 2010.) She is the author of ACROSS WATER and NIGHT STUDENT, State Street Press, still available on WWW at Alibris and Books Again. Her poems have been published in Southern Poetry Review, Prairie Schooner, The Georgia Review and other literary magazines. "Carolina Bluebirds" was published in THE POETS GUIDE TO THE BIRDS, Anhinga Press). "Grass" was reprinted in the 50th Anniversary Issue of Southern Poetry Review: DON'T LEAVE HUNGRY ( U.of Arkansas Press.) Seven poems were reprinted in the textbook, SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN POETRY,(McFarland.) Two poems were published in SOLO CAFE, Two more poems were published in SOLO NOVO."In the Nantahala Gorge" was published in Pisgah Review. "Studying Winter" was reprinted in Pirene's Fountain Anthology and "The Collection" in Collecting Life Anthology. Most recently, Southern Poetry Review Edited by James Smith, published "Our Great Depression," and The Southern Poetry Anthology Vol. VII: NORTH CAROLINA,Edited by William Wright, reprinted "Leaving in the Dead of Winter."
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
FABULOUS BLOG AWARD for Living Above the Frost Line
I just received a “Fabulous Blog Award” for Living Above the Frost Line from North Carolina writer Kathryn Stripling Byer of Here, Where I Am. Kathryn Stripling Byer is North Carolina’s current Poet Laureate, appointed by the Governor. Vicki Lane, mystery writer and author of the Elizabeth Goodweather Appalachian Mysteries, passed the “Fabulous Blog Award” to Kathryn.
I appreciate this award from Kathryn Stripling Byer. www.kathrynstriplingbyer.blogspot.com.
She said I can name five Fabulous Blog Awards. It was hard to name only five blogs. These five read my posts. I say, “Visit often and leave your calling card, a comment.” And they do that, while also making their own mark.
These five blogs are invited to pass along the “Fabulous Blog Award.” The rules aren’t mine. They came with the award. You must pass it on to five other Fabulous Bloggers in a post. You may find their email addresses on their Profile page or, if not available, post as a "Comment" to their latest post. You must include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them; www.nancysimpson.blogspot.com.
You must list five of your “Fabulous Addictions” in the post.
You must copy and paste these rules in the post.
Right click the award icon and save to your computer; then post with your own awards. This is a tribute, and it widens the reading audience.
MY FABULOUS ADDICTIONS
1. Humanity. I am addicted to humans. There is nothing on this earth more precious.
2. Planet Earth. The natural world is my treasure. I am fascinated with the smallest habitat and the largest land biomes.
3. Poetry. I’m addicted. I read poetry every day. I've been a practicing poet, publishing in literary magazines and teaching writing classes for years.
4. Reading. I’d rather read than eat. If not poetry, I have a book of historical fiction beside my bed. I confess. I love reading what is being written now by the writers of our time, even first drafts of their work, and often I get the opportunity to do it. After reading words by writers alive, I know there are intelligent people around, and I feel safer living in our world because of them.
5. My mountain. My soul found peace in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. Yes, I am obsessed. Appalachia exists. I’m interested in all things Appalachian.