About Me

My photo
Nancy Simpson's LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE, New and Selected Poems was published by Carolina Wren Press (N.C. Laureate Series, 2010.) She is the author of ACROSS WATER and NIGHT STUDENT, State Street Press, still available on WWW at Alibris and Books Again. Her poems have been published in Southern Poetry Review, Prairie Schooner, The Georgia Review and other literary magazines. "Carolina Bluebirds" was published in THE POETS GUIDE TO THE BIRDS, Anhinga Press). "Grass" was reprinted in the 50th Anniversary Issue of Southern Poetry Review: DON'T LEAVE HUNGRY ( U.of Arkansas Press.) Seven poems were reprinted in the textbook, SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN POETRY,(McFarland.) Two poems were published in SOLO CAFE, Two more poems were published in SOLO NOVO."In the Nantahala Gorge" was published in Pisgah Review. "Studying Winter" was reprinted in Pirene's Fountain Anthology and "The Collection" in Collecting Life Anthology. Most recently, Southern Poetry Review Edited by James Smith, published "Our Great Depression," and The Southern Poetry Anthology Vol. VII: NORTH CAROLINA,Edited by William Wright, reprinted "Leaving in the Dead of Winter."

Sunday, November 2, 2008

SOUTHERN POETS AND WRITERS - A REMINDER

Fellow Poets and Writers, 

___It is time to take those last shots, make your vivid photos and print them.

___It is time to photocopy your poems and stories and send them out on the mail truck.

December will be too late.  

6 comments:

Glenda Council Beall said...

Thanks for the reminders, Nancy. You are right. I hope to send out some poems this week and take more photos before everything is gone. Your garden is BEAUTIFUL and I love Lynn's blog! The photos of your family and your property are great.

Nancy Simpson said...

Glenda,

I am glad you checked out Lynn's slide show. It was a total surprise to me- an evening of my life with my family watching sunset and moonrise at Lake Chatuge.

About the reminder - yes, writing is what we are supposed to be doing. I hope you will get some of your fine poems out on the old mail truck today. J. told me on the phone that she was spending Sunday in her office and she planed to mail out a batch of poems today. I'm trying to get to the P.O. also.

Nancy Simpson

Lynn ... said...

Thank you for the sweet "nudge" Mom! Your encouragement is an inspiration to all of us!!! Love you!!! xxoo

Richard said...

Like your pictures, Nancy. It has been a strange color season. I saw a maple tree in Murphy yesterday that took my breath away, but I didn't have a camera. Thanks for your comments. Just a way to blow off steam.

Richard

Tipper said...

Nancy-I wanted to ask you about the profile piece-could you email me at tipper@blindpigandtheacorn.com I thought I had your email address-but it keeps coming back to me.

Nancy Simpson said...

Okay, I was wrong. It is never to late. If you missed mailing out your poems and stories in December, just think about it January is a whole new year. Get busy. Get your writing done and out to the magazines or book press on the big mail truck.