About Me

My photo
Nancy Simpson's LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE, New and Selected Poems was published by Carolina Wren Press (N.C. Laureate Series, 2010.) She is the author of ACROSS WATER and NIGHT STUDENT, State Street Press, still available on WWW at Alibris and Books Again. Her poems have been published in Southern Poetry Review, Prairie Schooner, The Georgia Review and other literary magazines. "Carolina Bluebirds" was published in THE POETS GUIDE TO THE BIRDS, Anhinga Press). "Grass" was reprinted in the 50th Anniversary Issue of Southern Poetry Review: DON'T LEAVE HUNGRY ( U.of Arkansas Press.) Seven poems were reprinted in the textbook, SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN POETRY,(McFarland.) Two poems were published in SOLO CAFE, Two more poems were published in SOLO NOVO."In the Nantahala Gorge" was published in Pisgah Review. "Studying Winter" was reprinted in Pirene's Fountain Anthology and "The Collection" in Collecting Life Anthology. Most recently, Southern Poetry Review Edited by James Smith, published "Our Great Depression," and The Southern Poetry Anthology Vol. VII: NORTH CAROLINA,Edited by William Wright, reprinted "Leaving in the Dead of Winter."

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sunset Jan. 11, 2010 With Snow Still on the Mountain Road






4 comments:

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Nancy,
Wow! Your sunset photos, the snow, and your dog are just fantastic. What a lovely posting. You are so fortunate to live on the mountain with such pretty scenery.

Nancy Simpson said...

Hello Brenda Kay, Now that the snow has melted and I'm actually able to drive down the mountain again, I realize how fortunate I was to be here all those long snowbound days. It was unbelievably beautiful. I'm
glad you like the pictures.

Lynn ... said...

It's so pretty!!! And Sasha just looks like she OWNS that landscape there!!! I'm almost well ... still coughing, but I'm feeling better FINALLY!!! Longing for home now .... I love you!

Nancy Simpson said...

Hello Lynn, Each time I talk to you, I hope to hear strength in your voice. Most of all, I want you to be well and able to come home. It has been the coldest winter ever, you know. I'm bundled up and hunkered down like the perennials, hoping not to get zapped, dreaming of spring.

If we all survive, and we shall, Spring and summer are going to be big time busy with the anthology coming out and with my new poetry book being published in july.

I will want to have a party!

I have not been able to do much planning, but I am down for a book signing at Phillips and Lloyd's
the first weekend in August. I can't wait until then to see you though.