- Nancy Simpson
- Nancy Simpson's LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE, New and Selected Poems was published by Carolina Wren Press (N.C. Laureate Series, 2010.) She is the author of ACROSS WATER and NIGHT STUDENT, State Street Press, still available on WWW at Alibris and Books Again. Her poems have been published in Southern Poetry Review, Prairie Schooner, The Georgia Review and other literary magazines. "Carolina Bluebirds" was published in THE POETS GUIDE TO THE BIRDS, Anhinga Press). "Grass" was reprinted in the 50th Anniversary Issue of Southern Poetry Review: DON'T LEAVE HUNGRY ( U.of Arkansas Press.) Seven poems were reprinted in the textbook, SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN POETRY,(McFarland.) Two poems were published in SOLO CAFE, Two more poems were published in SOLO NOVO."In the Nantahala Gorge" was published in Pisgah Review. "Studying Winter" was reprinted in Pirene's Fountain Anthology and "The Collection" in Collecting Life Anthology. Most recently, Southern Poetry Review Edited by James Smith, published "Our Great Depression," and The Southern Poetry Anthology Vol. VII: NORTH CAROLINA,Edited by William Wright, reprinted "Leaving in the Dead of Winter."
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Submit On Line DAMSELFLY PRESS - A Gathering of Women's Voices
• We read year round.
• We only accept online submissions with the genre in the e-mail header.
• Submissions must be in a Word document or .RTF attachment.
• Please include writer’s contact information and bio (not to exceed 50 words) on a separate cover page. We blind read all submissions.
• Fiction- Send up to 10 pages of fiction not to exceed 2,500 words max. Submitters may send up to two fictional stories per submission to Jennifer@damselflypress.net
• Poetry- Send 1-3 poems in ONE attachment to Lesley@damselflypress.net
• Nonfiction- Send up to 10 pages of nonfiction not to exceed 2,500 words max. Submitters may send up to two nonfiction submissions, such as memoir or personal essays, to Nonfiction@damselflypress.net
• We do not accept previously published work.
• Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
• We are unable to provide compensation to writers for accepted submissions at this time.
• If a writer’s work initially appears in damselfly press and is later published elsewhere, we request an acknowledgement.
• For writers whose work has been accepted by our journal, please wait for up to a year after publication before resubmitting.
• Please refrain from submitting if you are not open to edits. Selected pieces often require minimal editing.
• Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected without being read.
Send submissions to: